To be recognised as Tonga's best provider of development finance with selected commercial activities which employs prudent banking principles to meet customer needs, demonstrates integrity and operates profitably.
Committed to promoting Tonga’s economic and social advancement by providing high quality and responsive development banking and other selected commercial services, while operating professionally as a profitable and financially sound development financing institution.
1. To maintain our position as the leading development financing institution in Tonga;
2. To continue to promote the selected commercial activities currently being under taken by the Bank:
3. To carry out tasks with absolute honesty, efficiency and professionalism;
4. To achieve and maintain a satisfactory return on shareholder’s funds, as agreed from time to time;
5. To continue to enhance loan account management through sustained improvements in appraisal and effective supervision and monitoring;
6. To safeguard the Bank’s assets through the application of prudential management and both internal and external compliances;
7. To meet customers’ needs by efficiently and profitably delivery of professional banking services;
8. To enhance profitability through diversifying our product range, regular review of costs and improving customer service;
9. To grow the lending portfolio in quality manner and ensure it is diversified across the major economic sectors in accordance with regularly reviewed lending industry guideline;
10. To continue to be a good, responsive employer fostering the career development and well-being of employees;
11. To continue to provide a supportive working environment for staff which motivates them to maximize their performance and rewards them appropriately when outstanding performance are achieved;
12. To support the achievement of national planning goals;
13. To contribute to the country’s economic planning and development through research, project identification and planning and implementation of special enterprise development initiatives;