What kind of loans/products does TDB offer?
- Housing Loan & Personal Loan
- Term Loan – Business & Agriculture & Fishing
- Government Managed Funds – Business & Agriculture & Education
- Cheque Account and Overdraft Facility
- Savings – Passbooks
- Money Transfer – Domestic and Mobile Money
- Investments – Promissory Notes & Term Deposits
Foreign Exchange Products
- Cash Currency Exchange
- TT’s November 2015
- Spot, Forward Exchange and LC before 1st quarter 2016.
- Business Advisory Services
- Agency Services – WBOT and Sub Treasury
- Loan Products
I want to start a business and would like to apply for a loan, what loan should I take?
The loan will depend on the kind of business set up. Eg. For a Tourist operator planning to renovate existing facility, will need to apply for a Business Loan.If business need working Capital then apply for an Overdraft Facility. You can call us at 00 676 23 333 or email customer service center at email@example.com for more information.
How do I go about obtaining a loan?
In order to obtain a loan you must;
- complete the loan application form
- provide supporting documents required for the loan.
- you will be given a checklist of the supporting documents required with your loan application.
What are the requirements I need to provide for my loan?
If it’s a loan to buy vehicle for personal use the must meet the following criteria;
- Be 18 years age or older
- Resident of Tonga
- Have acceptable Credit history
- Sufficient collateral
- 50% of your salary can repay loan within 3 years max.
What is the interest rate charged?
This again depends on loan type but interest rates range from 8% to 13.0% per annum variables and on reducing balance basis.
What is the term of my loan?
Business Term Loan 1-12 years term Housing 1-20 years term Personal 1-3 years term Micro finance 1-2 years term
How much do I have to contribute towards my loan?
Minimum equity contribution of at least 25%.
How long will it take for my loan to be approved?
Depends on the nature and amount of loan request ie Personal loan 2- 3 days. Term Loan ie Within 1 - 2 weeks depend on size of the loan.
When can I get my funds/cheque?
Same day after signing and completion of the loan documentations
Do you have on-line applications?
Not at the moment but plans are underway to provide this facility.
Where can I apply for a loan?
Any of the TDB branches or representative offices located in the Kingdom.
- Main office in Nuku’alofa Ph# 00 676 23333
- Tatakamotonga Office in Hahake District Ph# 00 676 32600
- Nukunuku Office in the Hihifo District Ph # 00 676 42200
- ‘Eua Branch Ph# 00 676 50 103
- Ha’apai Branch Ph# 00 676 60333
- Vava’u Branch Ph# 00 676 70333
- Niuatoputapu Branch Ph # 00 676 7585406
- Niuafo’ou Branch. Ph# 00 676 80 077